Made with Love

Have you planned your exit yet?.

50cents

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2014
Messages
515
Don't let your family deal wit the thousands it takes for funeral and land transfers. Take notes.
 
Yes, they had a pre-pay special at the funeral home. I know it sounds funny. I locked in a decent prices and made it clear to family that they should not feel pressure to upgrade when the time comes. I walked past all the expensive coffins and pointed at the cheapest one in the corner. They said you mean the large screen tv cardboard box?. Sorry, but seriously I picked the most basic wooden box. It only gets seen for a few hours anyways. I opted for a small graveside service with only close family and friends. Also I left extra money with instructions to get a nice bottle of scotch and have a small party in my honor.(I am too cheap to throw one while I am alive)
They don't let you buy the gravestone upfront, but was told that If any money is leftover from the pre-pay amount it will go towards that otherwise the government has a $2500 survivor payment that will cover it. On a related topic have your will updated and power of attorney, medical directives, executor, and service type you want.

If it was legal personally I would like to go out like the Vikings just set me on fire and push me off into lake Ontario. Then the surviving family chooses weapons to fight over my belongings and investments.
 
Remember that the the tax man will take tons from you if you don't so get a will done ASAP.
 
I left a permission to use my body for all possible research and donations and what not with no exception. I guess this problem is sort of solved for me. Plus life insurance towards people that are doing something I admire.
 
My will is done. You all should have one and get an attorney legal document to give it to closest family member,
 
Can’t they just bury me in the back yard? Really I’d prefer a bonfire and a sing along.
ill be gone. If someone wants a funeral they can do a go fund me.
 
007;n1466874 said:
My will is done. You all should have one and get an attorney legal document to give it to closest family member,

I did one specifically to not leave it to the family member :-) none of my family members will do anything good with my money.
 
I have left specific instructions that if I ever leave my property wearing sweatpants or crocs I am to be set adrift mid lake full of a fine single malt and my boat set on fire.
 
Beached;n1466895 said:
I have left specific instructions that if I ever leave my property wearing sweatpants or crocs I am to be set adrift mid lake full of a fine single malt and my boat set on fire.

I salute that!
Crocs deserve the worst punishment
 
My life insurance will take care for my burial and money. thank God I decided years ago to buy it.
 
Back
Top Bottom