Made with Love

Muhammad Ali's Tragic Struggles Revealed

He was my idol when I was growing up. Too bad about the pains he had to go through.
 
He had it all but there is only so much punishment your head and body can take.
 
It's nice to watch somebody give an unbiased view of Ali. A man with very real human flaws after all.

I would consider him to be the greatest heavyweight of his era. But not as great as Joe Lewis was in his era. Can't compare them head to head as they fought in different times. Just as you can't compare today's fighters with those from different era's as well.

I often wonder what would have happened if he had gone to Vietnam. I would like to think he would be given a non combat post and just did one tour and came home. If he would have been killed over there it would have been terrible publicity for the American war machine , so I don't think they would have wanted that. All that negative press and controversy could have been avoided. but maybe that is what the Nation of Islam and Elijah Muhammad wanted.
 
I stopped following him after he declined to fight for his country. Religion excuse or not, still bothered me.
 
Back
Top Bottom