Made with Love

I'm Not Happy with my Life (I'm thinking of checking out )

RayFinkel

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2010
Messages
1,072
Now before you think this is just another asshole on the Internet that feels sorry for himself. Think again. Here is my shitty life story. I'm 42 I don't have any friends. All I do is work at z shitty job all day and drink Vodka at home until I pass out every night. Every Friday I drive up North to cottage country and spend the weekend with my 72 year old parents. I live in a shitty basement apartment in Brampton which I fucking hate.
I seriously hate my life. I'm fucking lonely. I'm not sure what to do anymore to be Happy.
 
Why don't you go to a hospital and ask to volunteer and help people that need help, it will seriously make you feel better about yourself.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Now before you think this is just another asshole on the Internet that feels sorry for himself. Think again. Here is my shitty life story. I'm 42 I don't have any friends. All I do is work at z shitty job all day and drink Vodka at home until I pass out every night. Every Friday I drive up North to cottage country and spend the weekend with my 72 year old parents. I live in a shitty basement apartment in Brampton which I fucking hate.
I seriously hate my life. I'm fucking lonely. I'm not sure what to do anymore to be Happy.

maybe you need to take up a hobby... find something else to do instead of drinking...

alcohol is a depressant... only makes you feel good in the short term, but fucks you up overall.

there are treatment centres that can help you stop drinking.

and help you cope with your depression

call the help line 1-866-531-2600
 
Ray, we all have issues, after almost 25 years on these boards Ive heard a lot of sad stories. I was a very successful business man, I had it all and I fucked it up over a crack ho. I got addicted to crack, lost everything, Now I just turned 60 I have very little prospects for the future.Im incredibly lonely. Your only 45, you have time to find your passion and to be happy dont give up like I did, keep positive, maybe hit the gym,go back to school, or get some help. Everyday brings new opportunities and if you keep positive and fight the good fight you'll realize them. Its not going to happen over night, but it will happen. PM me if you want to talk
 
Hi Ray. I considered you a friend for a long time without knowing you. You used to come up with some clever topics to discuss when you were not drinking. It's easy for everyone to say, get help, find a hobby, do charity and all. I don't think that is right for you.

But what will work is to tell your doc your problem and he will prescribe the perfect medicine. No lie here, I know a couple of friends that are doing great after taking those pills. It's better than Prozac with lower side effects. I just cannot remember the name.
 
Ray, we all have issues, after almost 25 years on these boards Ive heard a lot of sad stories. I was a very successful business man, I had it all and I fucked it up over a crack ho. I got addicted to crack, lost everything, Now I just turned 60 I have very little prospects for the future.Im incredibly lonely. Your only 45, you have time to find your passion and to be happy dont give up like I did, keep positive, maybe hit the gym,go back to school, or get some help. Everyday brings new opportunities and if you keep positive and fight the good fight you'll realize them. Its not going to happen over night, but it will happen. PM me if you want to talk

Thomas, you are never too old. I also had issues, took me a long time to conquer them but have accepted that I will always be fat but happy.


You do give good advice BTW.
 
Now before you think this is just another asshole on the Internet that feels sorry for himself. Think again. Here is my shitty life story. I'm 42 I don't have any friends. All I do is work at z shitty job all day and drink Vodka at home until I pass out every night. Every Friday I drive up North to cottage country and spend the weekend with my 72 year old parents. I live in a shitty basement apartment in Brampton which I fucking hate.
I seriously hate my life. I'm fucking lonely. I'm not sure what to do anymore to be Happy.

Hey you pervert. Consider the good things you have and screw the rest. Zero preaching from me because I've been to hell and back, twice. AA or counseling didn't work for me. I threw up blood because of alcohol. I stayed in a shitty hospital room for weeks and was fed only what that tube and that bag fed me. I lost all because of alcohol. I felt useless because of alcohol. Read this again and write down your own bad experiences in a notebook, it works. Talking or writing to yourself is not a bad thing, keeps things in perspective.

My first scare I was told stop drinking or you die. I stopped for a long time and got all my senses back except for my legs. My doctor told me you will limp all your life because alcohol killed all my nerves there. My fingers will get numb occasionally and I felt like an arthritis victim but no, alcohol did it.

I started drinking again because my body felt good and felt no pain. Bad mistake but my story is too long to continue and bore the masses, therefore I hope you get my point.

I felt sorry for myself and blamed the world. Little did I know I kept lying to myself. I am not going to tell you not to stop drinking because I know how you feel unlike others that have no clue we are battling a disease. So cut your drinking and start going to shopping malls. Tons of ladies that want to meet nice men like us, who do not beat or abuse them. Just beat ourselves.
 
Thinking of suicide is like the dark side of the force. "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny". Time to make a change in your life. Stop the booze, do something productive that will give you lasting satisfaction. Take the money you save from not drinking and take a lovely lady or two out for a spin. And most of all, stop thinking of taking the easy way out. It's seductive. A simple answer. But really it's no answer at all.
 
Thinking of suicide is like the dark side of the force. "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny". Time to make a change in your life. Stop the booze, do something productive that will give you lasting satisfaction. Take the money you save from not drinking and take a lovely lady or two out for a spin. And most of all, stop thinking of taking the easy way out. It's seductive. A simple answer. But really it's no answer at all.
I agree it's time for a change. I almost died from drinking and drugs, alcohol is a drug. I quit and found a way to help others. I'm still around to watch the grandkids grow up. I get lonely sometimes but I have this hobby. I once thought of checking out, I got help and it was a long road back, but I'm glad I'm still here to enjoy life.
 
I was going to write a long explanation how alcohol has the power to take over ANYONE that abuses it but the answers here are dead on. Good luck big guy.
 
Did you never hear the Hotel California song :biggrin2:. Just trying to bring humor to your case, hope it worked.
 
You are lucky to still have both your parents, words that were said to me years ago, and which echo still in my head. Don't waste them.
You are still young and it is your life, and you are in control of it, if you choose to be. If you're being honest with your post, then get help to get off the booze. Allowing anything to control you is harmful, unattractive, and stifling. Then get some guidance to help you find your niche in life. This is the key to happiness, finding something you love to do, that you are good at. Do not compare yourself to others, or to what others have or have not. You are unique and original. Friends, possessions, aren't the keys to happiness. Happiness is not brought by having many friends, lots of money, or many possessions, etc, etc. Happiness is brought by knowing yourself, by having goals, by waking up and looking forward to doing something that you love to do, by helping others, by making progress, by growing, sharing and by helping others, human or animal. You have to be whole before you can add anything to someone else's life. So for now forget about meeting new friends, think about finding yourself instead. We are all here for a reason and finding that reason is key, not only for your own happiness but to add to others, to add to society. In the meantime volunteer, in some field you find interesting. Doing for others will help anyone step outside of their own troubles and help you see another side to life. No one can add or detract from your life but you. If you want happiness then find it. You do know where to look, it is you who has the answers, and it is only you who can get the help you need. Take the first step......
 
Last edited:
Ray, never give up. Things always work out in the end and checking out is final. Stop the drinking and get out more. Walk along lakeshore and talk to people. It's amazing once you find a few folks you can talk too, meet up with, your entire outlook will change,.
 
Life is like a buffet and everyday you need to try a new item from it. Some you will like, some you won't but one things is for sure - you will feel alive and more importantly feel like living.

That of course means stepping out of your comfort zone. That means putting the bottle down and doing something different in the evenings. That means taking a couple of hours on the weekend and doing something different then just sitting with your parents.

Start by taking a walk. One day go one direction. Next day go another. Next week, look for a walking trail close to you.

I know this stuff may sound stupid, but it is the baby steps that you need to take to start the road to recovery.

I would also go see your doctor or a doctor if you don't have a GP. Talk to them about your depression and see what they can do to help. Depression is a chemical imbalance that can be corrected with therapy and even some medication.

Take the baby steps, try the life buffet, share with your friends here, and see where you are in a month. I bet if you try just a little bit, you see the rewards. Actually, I don't bet, I promise. Give it try.
 
All I can add is to not give up. No matter how bad things get, you can sell what you have, move, start over somewhere else. It sound's like you're in a bad rut and need to change something, anything. After all, what have you got to lose? I wish you all the best!

Prim0 is 100% correct. I learned a valuable lesson in the military that has served me well for my entire life. 'Never give up. Never surrender. Always keep fighting.' As long as there is hope, there is life, and a chance for a better tomorrow!
 
Back
Top Bottom