Made with Love

Actress Loughlin surrenders as admissions fallout spreads. Fallout from a sweeping college admissions scandal

Unless those who accepted bribes and/or committed fraud at the schools, are also charged, not really accomplishing much.
 
She used to be hot,

college-admissions-bribery.jpg
 
Prime example of white privilege. This has been going on for a long time, I'm glad some are being held accountable.
 
cristy;n1464966 said:
Prime example of white privilege. This has been going on for a long time, I'm glad some are being held accountable.

And here I thought money was colour blind.
 
cristy;n1464966 said:
Prime example of white privilege. This has been going on for a long time, I'm glad some are being held accountable.

A black friend of mine told me the other day that there is no such thing as white privilege anymore.

He said there is such a thing as wealth privilege though.
 
Maurice Boscorelli;n1465018 said:
A black friend of mine told me the other day that there is no such thing as white privilege anymore.

He said there is such a thing as wealth privilege though.

Can you explain further what he meant?.
 
Maurice Boscorelli;n1465018 said:
A black friend of mine told me the other day that there is no such thing as white privilege anymore.

He said there is such a thing as wealth privilege though.

Absolutely agree, there are many examples of other "cultures", races etc., including foreign nationals, that have and do use money to gain unwarranted privilege,... bought and paid for.
 
ROBERTSON;n1464889 said:
Unless those who accepted bribes and/or committed fraud at the schools, are also charged, not really accomplishing much.

Exactly! Why go after one and not the other?

ROBERTSON;n1465031 said:
Absolutely agree, there are many examples of other "cultures", races etc., including foreign nationals, that have and do use money to gain unwarranted privilege,... bought and paid for.

I think white privilege exists but I would agree that wealth privilege is something that is not race related and also very real.
 
Last edited:
Jessica Rain;n1465064 said:
Exactly! Why go after one and not the other?



I think white privilege exists but I would agree that wealth privilege is something that is not race related and also very real.

Well put, "wealth privilege", is probably more applicable to the current subject.

But make no mistake, the are also plenty of examples of cultures, religions, races that have privileges simply because they are of a specific culture, religion, or race.

The current example of stating "white privilege", would be consider racist, if any other race, but its never considered making disparaging remarks about "whites", to be racist.
 
ROBERTSON;n1465067 said:
Well put, "wealth privilege", is probably more applicable to the current subject.

But make no mistake, the are also plenty of examples of cultures, religions, races that have privileges simply because they are of a specific culture, religion, or race.

The current example of stating "white privilege", would be consider racist, if any other race, but its never considered making disparaging remarks about "whites", to be racist.

So cristy, maybe you could explain to all of us here why you think that post is "funny".
 
cristy;n1465056 said:
Well I disagree. Perhaps he doesn't understand what white privilege actually is.Here is an interesting read which explains it. https://www.tolerance.org/magazine/fall-2018/what-is-white-privilege-really

As a black man living in America I would say he has a full understanding of the term.

By the way he also hates being called African American. As he says he has never been to Africa and has nothing in common with them. He says he is just a plain old simple American. He asked me if I called myself an European Canadian. I just laughed. I got his point.
 
ROBERTSON;n1465090 said:
So cristy, maybe you could explain to all of us here why you think that post is "funny".

It was your post I found funny, so why do you think I need to explain to anyone other than you? I found it funny because I did...sorry if you're put out by my laughter.....next time I laugh at one of your posts, I'll do it silently:biggrin2:
 
Maurice Boscorelli;n1465099 said:
As a black man living in America I would say he has a full understanding of the term.

By the way he also hates being called African American. As he says he has never been to Africa and has nothing in common with them. He says he is just a plain old simple American. He asked me if I called myself an European Canadian. I just laughed. I got his point.[/QUOTE

Well maybe he understands, and maybe he doesn't. He has his opinion, you have yours, and I have mine..... If he feels it no longer exists, I'll say he's either in denial or he doesn't understand....
We all like to be called different things....not sure what him not wanting to be called African American proves,or what that has to do with white privilege. He likes to be called plain, old simple American....well some people would be offended to be called plain, old, or simple, or all three at once...heck now a days, some would be offended to be called American.....but that too has nothing to do with white privilege.
 
cristy;n1465137 said:
It was your post I found funny, so why do you think I need to explain to anyone other than you? I found it funny because I did...sorry if you're put out by my laughter.....next time I laugh at one of your posts, I'll do it silently:biggrin2:

So no explanation,not surprised.

A question, what race is your pimp ?
 
ROBERTSON;n1465147 said:
So no explanation,not surprised.

A question, what race is your pimp ?

What a strange response.....if you knew I wouldn't give an explanation, why would you ask the question. Your hostility is rife, I'm not sure why you appear so angry, but so be it :) and as far as a pimp.. that is a strange question......were you looking for one?
 
ROBERTSON;n1465067 said:
Well put, "wealth privilege", is probably more applicable to the current subject.

But make no mistake, the are also plenty of examples of cultures, religions, races that have privileges simply because they are of a specific culture, religion, or race.

The current example of stating "white privilege", would be consider racist, if any other race, but its never considered making disparaging remarks about "whites", to be racist.

I'm not going to deny that white privilege exists and I'm not going to say calling it that is racist. Reality is that here in the western world, white heterosexual men have ruled for years and off the backs of Blacks, Indians, Latinos, etc. Because of years of that happening, white people, myself included, have it or have had it easier then others of colour. That is just straight fact.

As the world changes, that decreases which is great, but people of colour are now starting to learn about the power regarding the colour of money and how green is the true colour that rules this world. White privilege is changing and what is coming out on top is and always will be wealth privilege. That doesn't negate one however, just because another is taking the top stop.
 
Back
Top Bottom