Made with Love

Actress Loughlin surrenders as admissions fallout spreads. Fallout from a sweeping college admissions scandal

cristy;n1465150 said:
What a strange response.....if you knew I wouldn't give an explanation, why would you ask the question. Your hostility is rife, I'm not sure why you appear so angry, but so be it :) and as far as a pimp.. that is a strange question......were you looking for one?

You are in no position to make me angry.
Confused, yes, you had to notify me that you thought a post of mine was "funny",... when obviously it was not intended to be,... in a message, not having the guts do so publicly here.

I didn't know you wouldn't give me an explanation, why the hell do you think I asked, but your reply did confirm you had no intentions to.

And you still haven't answered the other question regarding your pimp, which makes it abundantly clear what the answer is, regardless of what you post now.
 
Jessica Rain;n1465190 said:
I'm not going to deny that white privilege exists and I'm not going to say calling it that is racist. Reality is that here in the western world, white heterosexual men have ruled for years and off the backs of Blacks, Indians, Latinos, etc. Because of years of that happening, white people, myself included, have it or have had it easier then others of colour. That is just straight fact.

As the world changes, that decreases which is great, but people of colour are now starting to learn about the power regarding the colour of money and how green is the true colour that rules this world. White privilege is changing and what is coming out on top is and always will be wealth privilege. That doesn't negate one however, just because another is taking the top stop.

I'm not even sure what constitutes "white privilege", but that's a more complicated subject than some will admit.

I didn't say that stating white privilege was racist, what I was implying was, that if a term such as that was used regarding another race, culture, religion, it would be considered racist.
Nothing derogatory stated about whites, is ever considered racist, that is my point.

And I agree with your 2nd paragraph,...once again, wealth is colour blind.
 
ROBERTSON;n1465200 said:
You are in no position to make me angry.
Confused, yes, you had to notify me that you thought a post of mine was "funny",... when obviously it was not intended to be,... in a message, not having the guts do so publicly here.

I didn't know you wouldn't give me an explanation, why the hell do you think I asked, but your reply did confirm you had no intentions to.

And you still haven't answered the other question regarding your pimp, which makes it abundantly clear what the answer is, regardless of what you post now.

Robertson, I'm confused as to what you mean by not being "public". At the bottom of every post is a like, funny or thanks, that one can choose. I clicked funny. that is something everyone can see, so that is public. And as far as my pimp, okay the secret is out, here he is... his name is Willy-jack-Meoff. But for pete's sake, don't let him know I've posted his name and pic:) s-l400.jpg
 
Oh,.... if you are wondering who Pete is, that is Willy Jack's brother, I suppose that would make him my pimp in law.:biggrin2:
 
cristy;n1465212 said:
Robertson, I'm confused as to what you mean by not being "public". At the bottom of every post is a like, funny or thanks, that one can choose. I clicked funny. that is something everyone can see, so that is public. And as far as my pimp, okay the secret is out, here he is... his name is Willy-jack-Meoff. But for pete's sake, don't let him know I've posted his name and pic:)
I wasn't aware that we could clic on the "funny" to see who clicked the "funny", so my mistake.

But you are still on the hook,... for why.
 
Prim0;n1465279 said:
Who care's about race in this college situation? It's not a race thing...

This is about people using their wealth to gain advantage for their offspring, right? What's funny about it is that 99% of the people involved give money to democrats....so you would think that they would be the last ones to use their wealth to help their own kids. Shouldn't they be giving money to colleges to help the underprivileged get in....that's what we're always hearing from them. Wealth needs to be redistributed....but I guess they are the typical hypocrites. Do as I say, not as I do.

What is a race thing about colleges....I've heard that they are accepting people of color at higher rates than they are accepting Caucasians.....not due to performance but as a social justice. I don't get how this is supposed to work. Screw over white people now because white people in the past were assholes to POC? Punish this white person because some other white person did something unjust to some other person of color? How about we go back to merit? If your college is going to accept 1000 students.....choose the 1000 with the best application data. If that means more Caucasians get in than POC, then so be it......and if more POC get in than Caucasians....then so be it. You cannot use one injustice to make up for another injustice.

Couldn't agree more, on all points, some of which are considered funny, by a member here.

Your democrats sound like our Liberals here, hypocrites.

So what do we call R. Kelly, a person of black privilege ?

One does not dare mention his race.
 
Prim0;n1465279 said:
Who care's about race in this college situation? It's not a race thing...

This is about people using their wealth to gain advantage for their offspring, right? What's funny about it is that 99% of the people involved give money to democrats....so you would think that they would be the last ones to use their wealth to help their own kids. Shouldn't they be giving money to colleges to help the underprivileged get in....that's what we're always hearing from them. Wealth needs to be redistributed....but I guess they are the typical hypocrites. Do as I say, not as I do.

What is a race thing about colleges....I've heard that they are accepting people of color at higher rates than they are accepting Caucasians.....not due to performance but as a social justice. I don't get how this is supposed to work. Screw over white people now because white people in the past were assholes to POC? Punish this white person because some other white person did something unjust to some other person of color? How about we go back to merit? If your college is going to accept 1000 students.....choose the 1000 with the best application data. If that means more Caucasians get in than POC, then so be it......and if more POC get in than Caucasians....then so be it. You cannot use one injustice to make up for another injustice.

I also agree 100%. I was saying to my S.O. the other day this very same thing. What happened to the principle of meritocracy.

Up here in this fine country of Canada we have this gentleman named Trudeau who in his brilliance decided to make his cabinet up of 50 % women and 50% men. Gleefully announcing Canada's first gender balanced cabinet.

What a crock of sh#t. How about this. If the best gender for the job is female than why not have 80% female and vise versa. I for one could give a rats patootie what race or gender is in a position as long as their the most qualified.

But our Prime Minister.....
 
Maurice Boscorelli;n1465324 said:
I also agree 100%. I was saying to my S.O. the other day this very same thing. What happened to the principle of meritocracy.

Up here in this fine country of Canada we have this gentleman named Trudeau who in his brilliance decided to make his cabinet up of 50 % women and 50% men. Gleefully announcing Canada's first gender balanced cabinet.

What a crock of sh#t. How about this. If the best gender for the job is female than why not have 80% female and vise versa. I for one could give a rats patootie what race or gender is in a position as long as their the most qualified.

But our Prime Minister.....

Again, agree 100%.

Funny thing is, Hair Doo's "government" just recently had two females quit, do's this mean their replacements have to be female also ?
Sounds sexist to me, but nothing new for hypocritical Fiberals.

Its the same thing with cops and firemen, long standing logical requirements were lowered, just so females could apply ?

The same idiot government wants to apply communist theology to wages, forcing private companies to pay men and women the exact same rate, determined god knows how, including said companies being forced to hold the pregnant women's position in the company for 6 months, all the while covering the EXTRA costs of training and firing a temp.
I guess not ever having to manage anything in his life, and still doesn't seem to be aware aware that women happen to be the sex that has babies, must explain his unfathomable decision making.

If a particular race, culture, sex, even religion has a reputation for excelling in a certain field, then THAT alone should determine hiring rates, and pay scales.

Not socialist/commie vote buying bull shit.

OK ladies, let me have it, I can take it :Biggrin:
 
ROBERTSON;n1465328 said:
Its the same thing with cops and firemen, long standing logical requirements were lowered, just so females could apply ?

This has been going on for years Robbie.

About 15 years or so ago a friend of mines daughter applied for the Peel Region force. The physical testing required that she do a 1.5 mile run in 15 minutes I believe. So 6 times around the track. She walked the last lap as she ran out of gas. Didn't come close to the time and was passed right through anyways. They had to fill their quota you know.

Conversely there's a metro constable that trains in my gym who competes in the world crossfit championship. She is insanely strong for any gender and am told is well respected on the job. These are the women who should be hired not the courtesy hires that are going down at present.
 
Skipper;n1465029 said:
Can you explain further what he meant?.

Hard for me to talk for him but he's a black ex police officer from the South. So I mean he seen stuff that most of us never will.

In a nutshell he doesn't want to believe about or want to hear the term white privilege as he thinks it makes his race look like victims. And people use it as a crutch to explain their misfortune.

He will always say that the U.S. is the country with the most opportunity for blacks on the Earth right now. And their is no other country he would rather live in. He likes to talk about the opportunities that are available to people of colour rather than dwelling on the past.
 
Back
Top Bottom