Made with Love

The Movie Thread Again

IFUSEEKAMY

Well-known member
Advertiser
Joined
Sep 14, 2010
Messages
6,935
I used to have a pretty good thread on here but I cannot find it. So starting a new one!

Review any movie you watch...any genre, any time period. Whether you enjoyed it or not. Try and include a link or an actor/director so others know which movie you're referring to. A separate post for every movie would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!
 
Hellions



I love Halloween and scary movies. This is a very clever, inventive movie preserving all the normal things you'd expect from a Halloween movie but going off the beaten path as well by doing things that might be sophomoric (it's Canadian after all) but doing a pretty good job of it.
 
Heaven can wait is one of my favorites. Sans nudity but leg action.
 
Rocky was a good mystery that became a comedy and made too much money..
 
bolt.upright said:
Truth is, I don't watch a lot of movies. If I do though, I'll report back here right away!

Likewise. Ask me about the NFL though :biggrin2:
 
Last movie I saw she was killing Bill. Loved the easy on the eye slicing of wonder bread.
 
Mississippi Grind



Awesome gambling/roadtrip movie. Was sophisticated and assumed the maturity of the viewer.
 
Gladiator was the last movie I watched.

I feel so lonely :biggrin2:
 
The Duke of Burgundy

https://imdb.com/title/tt2570858/

A woman who studies butterflies and moths tests the limits of her relationship with her lesbian lover.


Fascinating movie to watch. Some of the elements of the histrionics between them did bore me but other than maybe 20 minutes that could have been edited or done differently, this movie was very well done. The beginning titles were just gorgeous! Reminiscent of movies like this from the 70's with heavy lesbian undertones.


The tragedy is that this story can be related to just about every single relationship between friends/family/romantic/platonic. Everybody has the same problem: How do you keep a relationship from starting to feel old and boring? where one person is controlling everything. One person is more committed than the other who is perhaps bitter and resentful.
 
The Walk, starring Joseph Gordon Levitt

Based on true event in 1974, french wire walker walked between the World Trade Centre towers.

First half hour or so, was kinda light hearted and cheesy, but remainder was great. 3D effects were astonishing, I saw it in IMAX 3D, really felt like I was doing the tight rope walk myself.

A solid 7/10.


Pawn Sacrifice,

dramatization of chess showdown between Bobby Fischer (Tony Maquire) and Boris Spassky(Liev Schreiber) in 1972 during cold war.

Very good political drama/suspense, when you think about it, this chess match was to the americans as what the 1972 summit hockey series was to us.

Interesting background on Bobby Fischer that I did not know, , raised by a single mother, who was suspected as a communist sympathizer in the 50's

Movie could have been longer, it ended after the chess match, what's missing was Fischer's life after the match -his mental deterioration in subsequent years should have been delved into IMO.

A solid 7.5/10 none the less.
 
Cotton Candy

Here is a 1978 tv movie, I watched in highschool, absolutely loved this flick about a high school battle of the bands, a great "under dog" story line.

I remember all my class mates and myself talked about this movie the day after it aired, lol ( for all you young HUBGFEies, back then just about everyone watched the same shows , because there was probably less than 10 tv channels available)

 
Not a movie but if you have Netflix.

Watch Narcos and thank me later.
 
Sicario- Emily Blunt, Benicio Del Toro and Josh Brolin

Fantastic! 10/10, kept me on edge of seat , great border shoot out scene!
 
Back
Top Bottom