Made with Love

Treating women truly as equals is a great thing

escapefromstress said:
Who are you? :unknw:

You posted during last July, disappeared until October, gone again until December, now you pop up again in March to judge members who post here daily, week after week, month after month, and render your verdict as to whether you think they're being fair to posters they find offensive.

You're not the only who does that.

Hmmmmmm

As I pointed out in another thread, the timing is rather curious, n'est ce pas?
 
escapefromstress said:
Who are you? :unknw:

You posted during last July, disappeared until October, gone again until December, now you pop up again in March to judge members who post here daily, week after week, month after month, and render your verdict as to whether you think they're being fair to posters they find offensive.

You're not the only who does that.

Hmmmmmm

oldguyzer said:
As I pointed out in another thread, the timing is rather curious, n'est ce pas?

Gee is this how you treat actual contributing members? No wonder so many lurkers feel inhibited and never bother posting.
 
escapefromstress said:
Who are you? :unknw:

You posted during last July, disappeared until October, gone again until December, now you pop up again in March to judge members who post here daily, week after week, month after month, and render your verdict as to whether you think they're being fair to posters they find offensive.

You're not the only who does that.

Hmmmmmm

I think some of us see the lynch mob mentality slowly creeping up again. Everyone should have their right to their opinion be it MisterAsian, Primo, Charlotte or The Sun and shouldn't be beat down by 2 or 3 members who decide to police the board regardless of your post count or time spent on the board.

IfYouSeekAmy said:




Gee is this how you treat actual contributing members? No wonder so many lurkers feel inhibited and never bother posting.

peace said:
Sorry guys, but I agree with IfyouseekAmy.

I also completely agree with Amy.
 
You might have noticed that there is "attention" paid only to a very, very small number of posters who insist on stirring the pot and posting idiotic comments. They don't do this once or twice, but consistently, trying to provoke a reaction and then perpetuate the fuss for their own amusement. By no means does every idiotic post get a response; the "piling on" is reserved for that very small number who are doing it deliberately to generate attention and controversy, while contributing little of real value to the board.

I'm completely in favor of everyone being able to say what they want, except when it gets obnoxious, downright insulting to members or groups, or abusive. MAL's comments targetted at women are both laughably stupid and patently absurd, he knows it, and when it gets pointed out his comments are stupid he gets on a high horse and has some other posters support him.

If you look back over the past few years, there's been a very small number of pople who have had the "attention" piled on them: Bob, MSC, and now MAL are the ones that spring to mind. No one else. Do you really believe Bob, MAL and MSC were here for any other reason than to stir the pot? Seriously?

If this happened a lot, with those of us who are frequentl contributors dumping on members, especially newcomers, seemingly at random for daring to intrude into our little club, you would be completely vindicated. But that's not the case. And, if our dumping on members started as soon as they joined the board, you would also be vindicated. But, look back on the threads, and you'll see Bob, MSC and MAL were all trested as welcome members at the start, and only got attention from some of us when they got obnixious in their posts. Is it our job to police the board? No: we have mods for that. Is there some reason we can't call "bullshit" on moronic posts like MAL's about women? Absolutely not. Your chastizing us for pointing out how dumb his posts are show you're not balanced in your views, either.

I've been on the board a while, and I truly do welcome and encourage new members, and appreciate the discussions we have in these threads. But when someone comes in with the deliberate intent to post bullshit stuff for the sake of disruption, I feel vindicated in pointing it out.
 
I was referring to thesun (as was escapefromstress whose post you quoted earlier) who is NOT one of the trolls and contributes positively to HUBGFE. I don't believe in responding to trolls at all. I put them on ignore and wish others would as well.
 
I side with Escape and OG, I think they are both making justified comments. I find it funny how the Sun likes to "shine" on the majority of my posts yet is always supportive towards the majority mal's posts, which are clearly rude and demeaning towards women and funny how he'll dump on someone for dumping on mal, yet he himself will dump on a "select" few himself, very interesting!!:biggrin2:Hmmmmmm
There are a lot of strongly opinionated people here and yes we all have a right to speak, but there isn't a need for anyone to state theirs if it's offensive or hate based , nor should anyone want to demean someone for not agreeing, or for having a different mindset, unless they purposely want to stir a pot.
 
Whoa, do you really classify this as "dumping on someone" ??

thesun said:
Honestly I'm surprised you would say that considering Bob wanted you to give it a rest with your bacon. I actually disagree with Bob. So if MAL wants to convey certain issues or stirs the pot according to some members, let him as we have a choice to listen to him or not.

Regarding bacon, it does smell good when I wake up in the morning at some cottage.


ugh, Maddie, I desperately need some hugs that turn into something more
 
No Amy not that post, but there are others, so although that post doesn't represent my sentiments others would, and I'm to lazy to point them out or to go back and find them. But there was another member who was vicious towards me, and the Sun had a need to ride in on his horse and support him, when I was defending myself, so when I see him being supportive towards Mal, another hateful poster, I become suspicious to his motives and can understand why others might.:) but that's just me, doesn't mean I'm right, justified, or wrong, it's just how I feel.
 
cristycurves said:
No Amy not that post, but there are others, so although that post doesn't represent my sentiments others would, and I'm to lazy to point them out or to go back and find them. But there was another member who was vicious towards me, and the Sun had a need to ride in on his horse and support him, when I was defending myself, so when I see him being supportive towards Mal, another hateful poster, I become suspicious to his motives and can understand why others might.:) but that's just me, doesn't mean I'm right, justified, or wrong, it's just how I feel.

Exactly, this is how you feel or is your opinion but lets face it, everything one says can be taken wrongly by someone else.

I believe Bito (Bob) was brought up so I'll address Bito's situation. Some will remember him as being obnoxious but he didn't really harm or hurt anyone yet he was ganged up upon and banned which was the final straw with several members who no longer post here.
Cliques are never a good thing and it has reduced me to a lurker. I rarely log on but I will admit I read the lobby threads as a non signed in lurker and occasionally chime in.

I don't believe the clique are bad people but they have a vision of how others are to act, this is not fair. We are all individuals with different ideas and we all are entitled to say our peace and as Amy stated, ignore option is your friend.
 
JessieJames said:
Exactly, this is how you feel or is your opinion but lets face it, everything one says can be taken wrongly by someone else.

I believe Bito (Bob) was brought up so I'll address Bito's situation. Some will remember him as being obnoxious but he didn't really harm or hurt anyone yet he was ganged up upon and banned which was the final straw with several members who no longer post here.
Cliques are never a good thing and it has reduced me to a lurker. I rarely log on but I will admit I read the lobby threads as a non signed in lurker and occasionally chime in.

I don't believe the clique are bad people but they have a vision of how others are to act, this is not fair. We are all individuals with different ideas and we all are entitled to say our peace and as Amy stated, ignore option is your friend.

Since, in the Bob discussion a year ago, you classified me as one of the clique, I must ask: please show me where I instigate (as opposed to responding to an obnoxious post), or how we "gang up" on members...I've been here for five years or so, and only Bob and MSC (both of whom were banned for reasons that had nothing to do with "the clique") were objects of my persistent rebuttals, and now MAL (who was left alone by "the clique" until his posts turned stupid). So how you see this as a few members dictating the will of the board I don't get...three members, all three of whom were posting obnoxious comments (and hence why two were banned). MAl has been posting other threads and "the clique" has left him "unganged up" on, simply because he was behaving as a person instead of an obnoxious troll.

You don't like my objecting to idiots? Oh well...your choice.
 
IfYouSeekAmy said:




Gee is this how you treat actual contributing members? No wonder so many lurkers feel inhibited and never bother posting.

I just find it odd that people who rarely contribute to the Lobby, feel the need to jump in with criticism of how other board members are interacting, especially if that's the only time they contribute.
 
JessieJames said:
Exactly, this is how you feel or is your opinion but lets face it, everything one says can be taken wrongly by someone else.

I believe Bito (Bob) was brought up so I'll address Bito's situation. Some will remember him as being obnoxious but he didn't really harm or hurt anyone yet he was ganged up upon and banned which was the final straw with several members who no longer post here.
Cliques are never a good thing and it has reduced me to a lurker. I rarely log on but I will admit I read the lobby threads as a non signed in lurker and occasionally chime in.

I don't believe the clique are bad people but they have a vision of how others are to act, this is not fair. We are all individuals with different ideas and we all are entitled to say our peace and as Amy stated, ignore option is your friend.

I agree with your premise, however if someone posts deliberately to offend, or bash someone then others need to speak out against it. Yes we all read into *some* things differently, but we are all educated and clever enough to read between lines and see the light also. I was on a board that loved and encouraged cliques, bullying and bias, so that is something I'll object to right away.I hate it, it's high school and unnecessary.

@Seeking Amy-thank you for the hugs and sending you some your way:)
 
cristycurves said:
Papa:LMAO:, that was clever, but don't make fun of Og, remember he's got a big wang or as he calls it a "big "butler":)


Yes he often brags about his old Wang

Wang2200.png
 
Back
Top Bottom