Made with Love

Racist and hate crime thread.

“If we do nothing, the number of victims – victims who are more likely to be visible minorities – will grow,” he said. “The reason [Mr. Tibollo] wore the vest was the police in 31 Division advised him to wear it. The real insult is not that the minister … wore the vest. It’s that the vest was needed in the first place."

I have no qualms with this statement whatsoever.

Put me down as a fan of carding as well.

Fully agree on both points
 
Baseball player Josh Hader was exposed for making a series of racist, anti-Black tweets, and when he stepped on the field today, he received a standing ovation from thousands of suspected white supremacists in the audience. Anti-Black hatred is a completely normalized culture

Twitter

The tweets were posted when he was 17 and 18. He's now 24. Hader said in his apology, "I was 17 years old and, as a child, I was immature and I obviously said some things that were inexcusable."

Why do you think his hometown fans gave him a standing O? Were the Brewers fans supporting him during what they assumed was a trying time for Hader, or were they supporting the sentiment his tweets? To me, a standing ovation is reserved for someone who has done good, not just someone who has apologized for being actively bad, but what do I know?
 
Hoser said:
Baseball player Josh Hader was exposed for making a series of racist, anti-Black tweets, and when he stepped on the field today, he received a standing ovation from thousands of suspected white supremacists in the audience. Anti-Black hatred is a completely normalized culture

Twitter

The tweets were posted when he was 17 and 18. He's now 24. Hader said in his apology, "I was 17 years old and, as a child, I was immature and I obviously said some things that were inexcusable."

Why do you think his hometown fans gave him a standing O? Were the Brewers fans supporting him during what they assumed was a trying time for Hader, or were they supporting the sentiment his tweets? To me, a standing ovation is reserved for someone who has done good, not just someone who has apologized for being actively bad, but what do I know?


l
 
Looks to me that he's more anti gay than racist.

I'm surprised I'm not hearing a greater outcry from the gay community. Which would be completely justified in my opinion.

The ovation was for him owning his mistakes and immediately apologizing.

The bottom line is that twitter is a place that one should be very careful what they put on there. You can delete it all you want but once out there it's there forever.

In this case I give him a pass however. He was only 17. When I was that age I probably said far worse. I've read where the decision making and impulse control of the frontal lobes of the brain aren't fully developed until about age 25. kind of explains why so many youths are getting into so much trouble and this is just another example. No use blaming him now as from all accounts he is not that same person.
 
Last edited:
Jason Spencer announces his resignation - CNN

Jason Spencer, a Georgia state lawmaker who dropped his trousers and repeatedly used the "n-word" on an episode of the Showtime series "Who Is America?" on Sunday night, has announced his resignation.

His resignation will take effect on July 31, according to a letter he submitted to Georgia House Speaker David Ralston.
Spencer, a Republican who represents the community of Woodbine in southeast Georgia, appeared in a segment in which the show's star, Sacha Baron Cohen, played a character named Col. Erran Morad.
Spencer was pranked into believing the comedian was an Israeli anti-terrorism expert who was able to convince the legislator that a series of racist acts would protect him against terrorists.
 
This is racists???????????????????????????????????????????

Ontario minister faces criticism for wearing bulletproof vest to visit Toronto’s Jane-Finch neighbourhood - The Globe and Mail

B4MMDYEZGFAOJMGHF2MJ6R5GDU.jpg


The NDP is really getting on my nerves.


No it is not.

/end
 
The hate crime thread.

The hate crime thread.

There is the racist thread, the remember this thread, fake news thread, etc... and so on. I figure a hate crime thread to post themos stories may work.

LONDON, Ont. – A man has been charged with forcible confinement and assault following what police describe as an incident involving “race-related comments.”
Police in London, Ont., say on July 17, a man was in a grocery store and tried to stop another man from leaving.

The exchange was captured on camera and the video was posted on social media, where it has since garnered two million views.

In it, a man appears to be physically blocking another man from leaving while speaking to someone on his cellphone and referring to that man as an “illegal alien.”

Police spokeswoman Sandasha Bough says the alleged victim didn’t want to press charges, but officers with the force’s hate crime unit decided to continue their investigation.
She says 39-year-old Phillip McLaughlin of London has been charged with assault, forcible confinement and causing a disturbance.

Bough says if McLaughlin is convicted and the incident is determined to have been hate-related, it will affect his sentence.

London, Ont., man charged following incident investigated as hate crime - 660 NEWS
 
Back
Top Bottom